Dabney Services
Any wreck, big or small,
we can handle it all!

Work Trucks

Employment Forms

Employee's Withholding Certificate

  • Complete Form W-4 so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay.
  • Give Form W-4 to your employer.
  • Your withholding is subject to review by the IRS.
Step 1: Enter Personal Information

Complete Steps 2–4 ONLY if they apply to you; otherwise, skip to Step 5. See page 2 for more information on each step (see thumbnail links above), who can claim exemption from withholding, when to use the estimator at www.irs.gov/W4App, and privacy.

Step 2: Multiple Jobs or Spouse Works

Complete this step if you (1) hold more than one job at a time, or (2) are married filing jointly and your spouse also works. The correct amount of withholding depends on income earned from all of these jobs.

Do only one of the following.
(a) Use the estimator at www.irs.gov/W4App for most accurate withholding for this step (and Steps 3–4); or
(b) Use the Multiple Jobs Worksheet on page 3 and enter the result in Step 4(c) below for roughly accurate withholding; or
TIP: To be accurate, submit a 2022 Form W-4 for all other jobs. If you (or your spouse) have self-employment income, including as an independent contractor, use the estimator.
Complete Steps 3–4(b) on Form W-4 for only ONE of these jobs. Leave those steps blank for the other jobs. (Your withholding will be most accurate if you complete Steps 3–4(b) on the Form W-4 for the highest paying job.)

Step 3: Claim Dependents
If your total income will be $200,000 or less ($400,000 or less if married filing jointly):

Step 4 (optional): Other Adjustments

Step 5: Sign Here
Skip to content